Jul 30, 2013

Australia

G'day mate! After I touched down in the land down under I let myself into my good friend Phoebe's apartment in Melbourne, where I would stay with her brothers. It was the coldest place on my trip so far, and I did certainly not have the appropriate clothing (read: WOOL!) in my backpack. It's always a good icebreaker when you meet someone for the first time and you're sat in their apartment looking blue, wrapped in their clothes (Ta, Nick). From then on out we were friends. A few days later brother number two came limping along on his crutches, and so I just never left the fantastic Livingston brothers. They're great.






The following month consisted of delicious homemade meals, lots of new friends and good laughs, visits to Ballarat, good ole' parties and pokies, wildlife park with really cool Aussie animals, fun and boozy Australian footy games and driving the beautiful Great Ocean Road with Hame. I am in love with Melbourne. Hidden cafes and bars, lots of culture and style, close to the ocean... A very happening place with heaps of awesome people. I haven't met a traveler who hasn't loved this city. I could easily live there. 






I did make my way up to Sydney for a couple of days, but it was monsoon rain and I lived in a skanky hostel between 'The Pleasure Den' and 'Happy Hookers', where lovely Nikki informed me she would break my fingers if I so much as touched her food, so I quickly made my way back down to Melbourne. And so life was immediately great again. 







One week later I flew to Adelaide to catch up with my fellow feisty Rotary friend, Sara Hondy-roo. It was so exciting to see her again, what a cutie she is. We went around to different wineries all weekend for tastings, never spilling a drop of wine, like the classy broads we are. Catching up over delicious food and wine ain't too shabby for Mellie! Great times.




I had such a fantastic time in Australia with all the people I met. It always sucks to leave, and I might have shed an extra tear leaving this place. Until next time Aussie beauties, hooroo!



Lots of Love,
Merete// Mellie











No comments:

Post a Comment